Project 2..Maybe?

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ktwy

Project 2..Maybe?

Post by ktwy »

Yikes guys. This website is looking real rough, but hopefully it loaded so that you all can view its hideousness.
I might go back in to smooth it out, but I'm having a bit of a beef with Dreamweaver so we'll see if that happens or not.

My website is http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... folio.html. My intention was to make a more simplified version of the current MidTown Printing website, but I might have made it too simplified haha.

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2..Maybe?

Post by Instructor »

Eh, seems to load fine for me.

I like the contrast you established with the blue, gray, and white color scheme. You use the blue to draw the eye to the top so they can see the branding/navigation. That works really well. Your navigation is easy to see and use and your relatively small logo stands out. I like your choice in type as well. The sans-serif fits the modern look you were going for. I especially like the use of type weights to establish contrast and informational hierarchy.

I don't think you erred by going to simple on this one. Though if a design looks too simple to your eye you can always leave the layout the same and add visual interest using contrasting colors/tints/shades, or subtle patterns and gradients. Your central content area isn't centered though. And you could use another pass of optimization on your imagery. Some of it took for-ever to load, but they looked damn good once they did.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

I got your home page to load but that took awhile. When it did I thought it looked great. Your index page didn't load at all- just saw the project 2 and 3 buttons. I can relate- have had issues with Dreamweaver too and figuring it all out!
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Hey!

I also had a problem loading every single page. Nothing was coming up. :( I'm at Starbucks, so I don't think I have slow internet, but you might look at some file sizes to help with the loading speed!

Then again, if you're looking at a printing service you are looking to slow people down with *gasp* PAPER. So maybe it's part of the charm! ;D

I love what you did with the pages I could see though!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Your CMYK personal page is so nice! And that is such a cute photo.

The Midtown Printing site looks professional, clean, and organized! I like the blue with black and white color scheme. The only thing I would add is to put another photo on the services page. Everything looks great. Good job!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The home site design is nice, neat, and easy to navigate. The Midtown Printing site design is also easy to navigate. There is little contrast between the two gray colors. A higher contrast on the colors could add depth. Overall both sites function and look solid.
Melissa Peel

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Love the imagery on both pages, that printer image works really well on the homepage. The website is more simplistic it may need more graphic imagery to make it more visually exciting. Nice job though!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Everything loaded fine for me, though the home site did take a moment or two.

I love how straightforward and clean your home site is, and the colors (and lack thereof) are fabulous!

Your remake site is very simple but also very nice and easy to immediately visually digest. I do have an issue where, on the About page, the photo of old Reno is up a bit high and covers most of the navbar and some of your body copy. I love your color choices with the varying grays alongside the blues!
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I love your personal site, so cute! Your project 2 is very clean and professional!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Your home page loaded on my computer after I reloaded it a couple times but the project 2 page will not load at all. Which is weird because I remember it loaded fine on the school computer in the lab. Might just be my computer.
Cassandra Bowers