Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Ariesboxsye

Project 2 Final

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Starting off with a few errors to report. First off my main site isn't up and ready to be viewed as there are elements that I might need to relearn. Regardless I focused all my effort on getting something to be up and running with hopes of more feedback and advice to help.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... index.html

The link above links strait to project 2 with no link to project one at all, reason stated above. I plan to revisit this and add to it after I figure out how to do some other things to help improve quality.
~Names Aries Shelley~

susielang

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by susielang »

This site I think is looking good. I like your colors. The buttons on the top I think I would make them smaller and maybe change the typeface to a more "arty" font. Good layout overall. Saw the site before your redo and think it is a definite improvement.
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Hey! Lookin' good! I'm super looking forward to reading about the programs there, was that meant to be Loren Ipsum throughout, or is that one of the upgrades you're working on currently?

I really like the concept and the pages. Clean with bold blues.

Awesome job!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Great job decluttering a cluttered website!
The choice of blue works really nicely with the photos you've chosen.
I like that the content scrolls while the footer stays at the bottom of your page as you scroll.
I wish that you would have incorporated different weights of your fonts. I don't think the Myriad Pro is working well with your serif font.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice job salvaging a terrible website, sir. I really like your use of contrast on this design. Yale's blue and white work well to provide a background for your content. The imagery you've chosen really highlights your content and/or provides visual texture for your composition. I especially like the layout and background image on your staff page. Your large nav is easy to see and use. You also use margins very effectively as well.

Looking at it blown up on screen, I'd say your type needs a point or two more of leading. I also think the font is a little too bold for bodycopy. The sans-serif you used on the Staff page works a little better for me, especially if it had quite a bit more leading. I also don't care for the second blue box behind your image on the About page.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

This website definitely has a professional feel to it. You did a great job of using images to convey information and the color scheme matches that of the original website!
As mentioned above, to unity all pages, the font styles need to remain the same from page to page. The san serif type face is nice, might try that??
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I love how cleanly and clear your site is laid out and it's very easy to navigate. I take some issue with some of the inconsistencies between the shades of blue you used; the background behind the body copy on your Degrees, Staff, and Dates pages are all the same, but it's different on your About page, and the different blue that that page is far more saturated or bright and can be visually jarring. It works well for your navbar, but seems like too much for the About page.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The yale website design is solid and professional. The style chosen and colors work well at tying all of the pages together in a unified theme. However, the design has a few slight differences in color from the background to the css styling, if unified could tie it together even more. Overall the design works and looks great!
Melissa Peel

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

Site is looking good, love your colors and the pictures you used!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like how clean and professional your site is. My only critique is on the "about" and "degrees" pages the pictures are very close to the bottom of the nav bar, maybe give the pictures a bit more room.
Cassandra Bowers