Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
darian_p

Project 2 Roughs

Post by darian_p »

So here are my two designs for project 2. I personally like the first version the best although I think I might use the navigation bar from the second version. Also please keep in mind that I don't have the banner done. The original website didn't have much when it came to images of any kind ironically enough. I've had to search for my own images from the girl who runs the website and does all the content so that took up most of my time.
Attachments
version_01_home.jpg
version_01_tutorials.jpg
version_02_home.jpg
version_02_tutorials.jpg
bImage
Darian Potichny

erika.murray

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by erika.murray »

Both of these layouts are great! I personally think the pink goes better with the white than the black. Your navigation is simple and easy. You may want to think about substituting a static image for the gallery on your homepage (like the one from the inner page) if it gets too busy. Since you have a separate subpage for the gallery itself, use the gallery layout from your dark layout.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

susielang

Post by susielang »

really like both layouts. Thinking I am going more for the pink than the black one. Really good layout. Think it is easy to understand what your site is about and good images.
Susie Lang

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think your pink and white layout is working a little better. I'm usually a sucker for contrast, but that pink works really well with the white. It's both clean and cutsey which fits the subject matter better. I also think the larger photos are a really strong part of it. They're illustrative of the site's content and provide something for the site's users to aspire to. Your typography is working really well too. The headline/nav font has a very etsy/craft feeling which goes well with the site's theme and topic. And the sans-serif is a different typeface without being illegible and works well to reinforce everything you are building here. Your margins, though tight, are actually working pretty well too. Your navigation is easy to find and use.

I would like to have seen something in the under development banner area. I'd either shrink your button type or expand your buttons so you don't have a multi line button. Also, make sure to vertically center your type in your buttons. Maybe widen your content area so it's the same width as your button bar too.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I also like the first layout better than the second. I love pink and white together and you've done a nice job of balancing out the two colors throughout the website. I am also fond of the blocky image and text placement in all your designs, gives the websites a nice flow to them.

I would def swap out the navigation from the second to the first, like you were saying. One solid block for the nav tends to be more visually appealing than the first nav set up.

Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

I agree with you that the first is stronger but the navigation from the second is better, the pink and white fits really well, the images are good and the type works really well. Good job!
Julian Emme

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The black from the second design contrasts well with the light pink. Overall, the first design is stronger. The footer text may need more padding. The images work well at supporting the content of the design and are in good proximity to the text. The typefaces add a lot of style and work well.
Melissa Peel

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overview: I Like the design of the first home better, but i think add the dark aground of the second home page, may make some things stand out more. I would also say maybe use the nav bar of the second template on the first one. Over all i Like both designs and you could go either way with you designs so i would say try to mix elements between the two.
Kyler Rose

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

darian_p,
Both designs work well in terms of color scheme, layout, images, and grasping the subject matter. You can go with either one (top preferably). I think you're headed in the right direction and there is nothing for me to tell you to improve on.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like the first layout better but I like the dark background of the second one! great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick