Project 2 rough

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Zera-Chann

Project 2 rough

Post by Zera-Chann »

For this Project I'm doing http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefac ... tiger.html

For the first one I decided to so the playful but simple for kids
homepage_one.jpg
tiger_page_one.jpg
For The second one I went to play with the colors and with a little bit more softer look
homepage_two.jpg
tiger_page_two.jpg

erika.murray

Re: Project 2 rough

Post by erika.murray »

Your homepage ideas are nice and really capture that kid-friendly website. I think the blue layout works best in terms of the navigation, but I would like to see a image similar to the one from the rainbow layout (guy holding beaker instead of mesmerized guy with cat). Your inner pages feel a bit disconnected from the home pages, as in the style completely changes. Try to unify them by bringing in the same typefaces and colors. Also, check some of your spelling.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

susielang

Post by susielang »

See good things in both layouts that could be combined. Try to unify your style more, you have that kid friendly feel. I like the illustration of the child- think it reflects well on your site but also the illustration of the tiger is pretty cute too. Good choice of typeface. Think that since this site is directed at kids make it as simple as possible while giving it a lot of colors that capture their attention. Make it fun and motion filled.
Susie Lang

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I think I like the softer look of your design two. I think it's the soft blue. It calms all the other design elements while tying everything together. Your purple in the homepage navigation is working well with the blue, as is your royal headline. The whole layout generally has good margins too, which allows everything room to breathe. I also like your typographic choices. The marker font is working well, in particular. It creates a feeling of whimsy without sacrificing much in the way of legibility or readability. Your homepage navigation is large and easy to find and use. I like your little cartoon characters, they contribute to the fun and that baby tiger is hilarious.

I'd try to keep the buttons similar looking on both the home page and inner pages. I don't think it's bad that you moved them into a horizontal line, but I'd recommend either making the internal page buttons purple squares or make your homepage buttons ovals. Also, the green on the buttons on your inner page doesn't work with your blue, try a purple or orange. Use the same font and color on your headline in both your home and inner pages.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Gosh, your graphic design use in your character construction is wonderful! I know how much time and effort it takes to create those graphics so great job.

I also like your second layout. I like the color gradation use in your buttons and of course the images choices. I would recommend to choose a different color background for the buttons in the additional web page layout. The green kinda gets lost in the light blue. Overall it's definitely coming along!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

These are both good ideas for a kid site, the only thing is that the inner pages don't feel like they belong to the homepages. The second homepage has a good unified feel to it, for the inner one maybe stick to the purple you used in the homepage instead of the green and also use a similar font so it looks more unified.
Julian Emme

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The first design with the rainbow colors is interesting and fun. The rainbow colors are great to keep visual interest of kids and the science guy is neat. Try incorporating the colors of the science guy home page with the tiger page to unify the two designs.
Melissa Peel

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overview: For your Home page I like the first home page better than the second one it stands out more, i think it will be alot easier for kids to navigate, as for your body page I say go with the first one aswell it keeps the nav clean for them to, and one section wear all the imformation they need to read is there and easy to find.

Improvements: Change the color for the quizes button, as white text on yellow is extremely hard to read, for your body page maybe change the box for the text.
Kyler Rose

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

Zera-Chann,
I think you can go with either one; they are both fun and colorful. The one thing to include is adding a texture to your background because it is really flat.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

Both are good designs, They use imagery and color that scream kid friendly. The layouts are extremely simplified which is great since kids can't usually navigate anything too complex. I feel like you really want to cut down though on body copy though. Children aren't going to want to read a paragraph of text. Maybe use images the show the fun lessons and topics that they will learn.
bImage
Darian Potichny