Project 2 rough

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Re: Project 2 rough

Post by breezy »

Hey,

Over all I like your first layout the best. I would use the same colors in your body page as you do in your home page. Great job!

Cheers,
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Pearl_Underwood

Post by Pearl_Underwood »

These are both very nice! I really like the first website home page. The font is nice, the colors, and overall layout. I feel like the second page is not fitting in well thought with the first. I think the tiger cub is adorable, but maybe more of a science theme, and incorporate the colors from the first page. Great idea!!
~Pearl Underwood~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both designs are very cute and kid-friendly! I find that, layout-wise, I prefer these two pages: http://www.grc175.com/forum/download/fi ... &mode=view http://www.grc175.com/forum/download/fi ... &mode=view
Blue is a more friendly color however, and overall the text feels kind of crammed. It's really close to the edges of the spaces that it's enclosed in and that disrupts ease of reading, but I don't think it's much of a problem at all on the nav buttons. The nav buttons do have some contrast issues, with the white text against the lighter red background.

I might also recommend that you toss your scientist drawing into Illustrator and Image Trace it, to see what comes out. The very smooth, clean lines and forms of the result might compliment the bold and clean borders in your site designs. The lineart is currently kinda airbrushy.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I like the second concept best, the softer colors are easier on the eyes, I'd like to see more of a correlation between the main and inner pages.
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams