Prelim Project 2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
selvster5000

Prelim Project 2

Post by selvster5000 »

hi all!

For this project I chose to redesign Slice Salon, a local business.

The original salon website wasn't that bad but it still needed some love!
Below are my two website designs. I kept the original color scheme, but
incorporated more tints and shades of the black, orange, and gray. I'm fond
of both designs, I don't like one more than the other. So it's up to you guys
to decide for me! Let me know what you think and how I can improve.
Attachments
183_project_2_layout_02.jpg
183_additional_page_02.jpg
layout_01_hokmepage.jpg
layout_01_additional_page.jpg
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

erika.murray

Re: Prelim Project 2

Post by erika.murray »

I love your black and white photos mixed with the orange type! Really catches the eye. I also love your use of space. Right now I am liking your second layout homepage best, and the inner page of your first layout. I think that you should use the image from your second inner page and use it like you used the image in your first inner page. You should match the "About" typeface on your first layout with the typeface from the rest of your layouts. I love the visual interest of these designs. Great job Hannah!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

susielang

Post by susielang »

Great job! Think both are visually strong. I am going for the first layout. But I would maybe put the second photo on your second rough on the extra page of your first layout. Think the image on your first layout is a little busy. Really like the contrast of your color with the black and white photos. Like the orange alot.
Susie Lang

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! This is a close one. You've got two really strong designs here.

Let's go with "layout_02". The color scheme is really strong. I like the interplay between the orange, white, gray, and black. You have chosen some great illustrative photographs for your design. Each says so much about the place, to save you having to put it in words. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use. Everything is working well typographically. I like the use of a single typeface that you then differentiate using boldness and size. I also really like your use of transparency throughout, especially the semi-transparent header and footer that act as framing devices.

Just some layout tweaks on the inner page. I'd move the schedule up so that the top of it matches the top of your bodycopy. Also, add space to your list on the right side so there is room between the items. Right now all the text after the colons runs together.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design with the woman on the home page is strong and sleek. The photo's contrast is interesting and the content goes well with fashion and beauty. The bar at the bottom may not be needed. The about page is a strong design too. If the body copy were aligned to the hours it might flow better. Overall the colors and the contrast are very interesting.
Melissa Peel

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overview: Over all I like both of your websites, i belive you can go either way with both of them. Maybe try to mix Elements from both of your design. I like the home page for the first template and the desgin of the second design for the body page.

Template One: the Store information off to the right seem alittle out of place, and the i think it doesnt need a box around it.

Template two: I Think the body Text can be worked in better into the desgin in stead of just sitting on the top.
Kyler Rose

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

selvster5000,
The top design works a lot better than the bottom. The grayscale image works really well with the limited orange color. The only thing to change would be the type style it doesn't severe any justice in terms of capturing the subject matter of the website.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

These layouts are so beautiful and feminine~ The second style seems like it has more to do with hair, and the placement of the content makes more sense than the first. That being said, both are equally cool and inviting :)

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

I love everything about this! The only thing I can suggest is to maybe make the type a little bit bigger.
bImage
Darian Potichny

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like your last three designs, the only thing I might change is the size and leading on your text. Beautiful job!

Cheers,
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick