Project 2-Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

Which Do You Like Better

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Dark Theme
80%
Light Theme
20%

Total votes: 5

Kyler_Rose

Project 2-Preliminary

Post by Kyler_Rose »

My Bad Website: http://bindingofisaac.com/

My First Design I wanted to keep a Dark color sceme, to match the back story of the game

My Second Design I make the color Sceme match the Banner logo for the game. Along with putting a banner inside of this design

I want to have the intro of the game as a main feature of the home page, and to keep the home page clean and simple.
Attachments
body_page_v2.png
homepage_rough_v2.png
body_page_v1.png
homepage_rough_v1.png
Kyler Rose

Ltrueworthy

Re: Project 2-Preliminary

Post by Ltrueworthy »

HI there,
so I like the light version because it is easier to read but the dark version relates more to the game so I'm wondering if maybe you could add a box thing around the writing in the dark version to make it easier to read, if that makes sense. The background is great same with the text but it is hard together. Maybe making the text bigger might help (too).
Great work though!
Lea Trueworthy

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

The light layout is awesome! The color scheme and gradient background unify the logo nicely. The navigation is much better on this layout than the dark layout in terms of the video page. I would work on the type in relation to the character images -- specifically the first character on your light layout. The image could be slightly smaller and the name could go above the paragraph like the second character.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

susielang

Post by susielang »

Liking the black version more. Looks more reflective of the product. Also, I like the illustrations too.
Susie Lang

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Neat! Another poll. I'll cast my vote for the light version.

In reality, I think you should blend them. I really like the layout and navigation of the light one, as well as the large logo at the top. But stylistically, the dark version is more evocative of the game. I think you ought to do a dark version of your light layout. The layout in your light one is really strong. I like the large imagery, illustrating your type and the game throughout. The large logo immediately establishes what this is and starts a brand curiosity. I also like your navigation. It's large, well placed, and easy to use. The 8-bit font is very appropriate for the source material.

I don't think your navigation needs the dividers though. It works pretty well without 'em on your inner page. Don't forget to add a little more margin between the title and the navigation and watch your margins on Dingle's descriptive paragraph.

Nice! The source material is awesome and I'm curious to see what you create out of this madness. Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

Kyler_Rose,
I assume both are for video games. Either way you have to establish the subject matter. I'd have to go with the darker webpage because it has better images and a good start with the nav bar.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I actually like the darker version of the two layouts. It's more stylistic and is more reminiscent of a video game. I also like the use of space and graphic images. Its overall super cool! I might try to reflect the video area with the navigation in the additional web page. It may come off more of a website then?? Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

I like the light version better, but both are a little confusing. Listing characters on the homepage without establishing what it's about is confusing to someone like me who doesn't know what this is for.
Julian Emme

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The dark design is a strong design. It is more easily navigable and readable than the lighter one. More spacing around the characters page titles and images would give it a roomier feel. Overall, the design is fun and interesting!
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I like the dark version more, but both are pretty strong. Some things in the dark version are rather close (the word "Characters" with the bar up top, or the paragraphs of body copy coming near to the images of the characters) and I would recommend some adjusting to help remove this tension. It might also be worthwhile to put colored squares behind the boxes of body copy, but that'd mostly be for flavor as opposed to helping with readability, I think.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================