project_2_roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Marco_Horta1

project_2_roughs

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hello everyone!

here are the samples rough that I created for best-electronics-ca, the website link that I'm working for is http://best-electronics-ca.com/.

I'm trying to keep this website organized and simple for and easy navigation. since the website I had chosen need lots of work I hope you like it, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated thank you.

so what do you think?

I have just updated my images for project 2, thanks for your help
Attachments
design_2a.png
main_page.png
product_page.png
contact_us_page.png
blog_page.png
design_2.png
Last edited by Marco_Horta1 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

erika.murray

Re: project_2_roughs

Post by erika.murray »

Good job recreating this site! I think your second layout is stronger. There is nice balance between the four images and the navigation is clear. Instead of repeating the homepage images on the inner page, take one image and make it larger.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

susielang

Post by susielang »

After having seen the original site, what a difference. Favoring the pages with the four images. navigation is clear, images add dimension, and it is simplified which is what I think this site needed.
Susie Lang

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your "design_2" the best. It has a clean, techy feel that works well with the subject matter.

I like the revised Atari logo. It's a good modernization of a classic design. The clean, well-spaced, website suits it. I like the sleek white, gray, and black colorscheme of the website as well. Your use of whitespace really serves to highlight the content. I like the four large central photos on your homepage. They immediately establish what you're selling and show the console off from several good angles. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use. I like the award icons up at the top as well. It establishes the business and what they do.

Swap all your type for sans-serif type. The serif type is a little too warm and traditional for a tech website. Also, justify your bodycopy and narrow it up a bit. Add a little more margin between your BE mark and the words "Best Electronics CA".

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

Marco_Horta1,
The first design for the second concept (design_2) works better; it is laid out better and is Moore organized compared to the other three designs. The only thing to change (in the particular case) is the font style for the links, they shouldn't match the logo.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Over all all your website templates looks good, but you didnt sumit what you need. you gave us four homepages, what was require was two homepages, and two body pages one to match the design of the the homepage.

either way I would say go with your second design it is very looking and the only this to change is the text agiln center. It does not work very well.
Kyler Rose

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

You've definitely taken a disastrous website and made it 100 times better, good job! I personally like your second rough a little bit better than the first. I like the use of type and imagery through out the website layout. I also think it looks very clean and simplistic! Although it seems to me, that there's not a whole lotta different between your home and additional page, might try changing the imagery?? Great work though!!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Although all of the designs are strong, "Design_2" is visually appealing with the newer Atari consoles on the main page. The image content caters well to the possible target audience. The white background looks professional. The page elements are well balanced. The body copy needs aligning. Overall it is sleek and is easy to navigate. The logo is a nice added graphic.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Design_2a is the better one! I love how sleek and clear, to-the-point it is. The subject matter comes across really strongly. The only thing I think is weak is the center-aligned text on the bottom. Try aligning it to the left, or breaking the type up into 2-3 chunks that you can space out?
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

I like the first design better. I would change the navigation though, it feels a little out of place.
bImage
Darian Potichny