Project 1 - Final Design EG

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
EduardoG

Project 1 - Final Design EG

Post by EduardoG »

Hello Everyone,
this is my final design for my project one website homepage.
What are your thoughts on the webpage?
Attachments
final_design.jpg
- Eduardo Garcia

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 1 - Final Design EG

Post by Instructor »

Cool (both metaphorically and literally). You took your best design and really improved on it!

You've kept the really cool ice crystal look. I like how it makes an unconscious arrow from left to right. You've also kept the cool top and bottom framing elements. I like the blue color scheme you brought over too. Where you've really improved the design 100% though is with your navigation. Swapping the pentagons for regular buttons has really cleaned things up. I like the beveling and the way the font looks punched in. It's super easy to find and use, which is the priority with navigation.

Your body copy has a bit of a tight margin on the right side. I'm still not keen on the green version of the TMCC logo, it clashes with your blue design. I'm also not sure about the sharp headline and navigation type vs. the rounded bodycopy as well.

Good work, sir.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello Eduardo,
You really figured out a way to make both of your ideas work into this final design! It looks nice! I love the background, it's dynamic in a way: moving forward!
The TMCC logo maybe could be white or a light blue? I think the green doesn't belong there since you chose to use only blue for your design.
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Eduardo:

I am crazy about your color choices! I like that the nav buttons are on the calmer part of your background and that your bio area and name are on opaque backgrounds so as to not interrupt your ice crystals. I look at this page and think: Fortress of Solitude! Great design!

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hello Eduardo,

Really like the flow of your layout, and the colors. The only thing that sticks out is the TMCC logo, maybe white or maybe the same blue you used in the text "spring 2017".
Michele K Ott

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Really neat example of a successful monochromatic color scheme. Good work Eduardo!

I think the copyright trademark spring 2017 at bottom right is probably a lil' redundant right next to the other spring 2017 though.
Kevin Kentera

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hey Eduardo,

I'm happy to see you went with this design, I really think it was the stronger of the two from the prelims and you made it even better. The two places I think can use some more work are the header and footer. It seems like you're showcasing the class where you should be showcasing you! Have you thought about putting your name at the very top, and moving the class title to the bottom with "Spring 2017"?
BreeAnn St.Onge

ZeraOtaku

Post by ZeraOtaku »

Hi Eduardo!

I love your colors for this design and the background image as well! I would definitely change the color of the TMCC logo, the green clashes with the whole design, maybe change it to a white or light blue, but over all great design!

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

I have to agree with most when they say that the TMCC logo sticks out like a sore thumb. I would maybe consider also changing some of your text to a white color, rather than a lighter blue- that way it stands out just a little bit more. Possibly doing that with your name to make it really draw the attention of the eye!
Ivor Harvey