Uploading on the server

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
kiwakom

Uploading on the server

Post by kiwakom »

Hi,
I already uploaded my website on the server, but I'm not able to see my website :(
Do you know what did I do wrong???

Kiwako

dboudinot

Re: Uploading on the server

Post by dboudinot »

With mine I uploaded through Dreamweaver and even though I had all the files highlighted, all the files weren't actually uploaded to the server so I had to go through and make sure everything actually got uploaded including my index.html. Also Make sure you aren't importing the entire root folder. Open the root folder and upload everything in it.
Dominique Boudinot

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

If your use the Fetch to upload, make sure you are not upload the whole root folder, it won't work. What you need to do is upload the all files "in" the the root folder into the correct folder (grc175/student/fall_2014/your_name)in the server . You have my cellphone No.,let me know,if you need my help. I think I can help you with that. Or I call you later. Good luck.
Lingling

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Thank you so much!!!!

Finally, I uploaded it!!!

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Very good,Kiwako. I am glad I can help you to find out the problem: ), and you did a good job on both websites. See you on next class.
Lingling

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Now see, this stuff right here is why I set this forum up. And it's a textbook use of the Ask/Tell subforum. Students helping students, and I don't need to get involved at all.

Nice work, one and all! :D
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173